Record 4,245m RSS Montney Run
Pacesetter’s Orbit RSS drills longest one run RSS lateral with Crew in NE BC
Crew Energy utilized Pacesetter’s combined technologies of our modified Orbit RSS and XPACE EM MWD platform to successfully drill the longest single run Montney lateral in NE BC. The 4,245m one run lateral was drilled in 76.5hrs, completing the well at 6,210m MD in only 8.75 days from spud.
In addition to this accomplishment, Pacesetter’s 5 subsequent longest one run RSS laterals have been drilled in the last 6 months; 3 in total being with Crew.
Congratulations to Crew Energy Inc. and the rig crews of PD 547 for this great achievement.
OPERATOR Crew Energy Inc.
HOLE SIZE 159mm
RUN DETAILS 1,965m MD to 6,210m MD
METERS DRILLED 4,245m
DRILLING HOURS 76.5 hrs
AVERAGE ROP 55.5m/hr
- Landed the 3D build section from 74deg Inclination with 27deg turn
- Completed another 20deg of turn once landed
- Produced 9.5deg/30m RSS outputs
- 8.75 days from Spud to TD
- Reached TD 2.5 days ahead of the pad average
- Pacesetter’s Orbit RSS
- XPACE EM MWD
Download this Performance Highlight