CNRL Drills Longest 159mm RSS Run
Pacesetter’s Orbit RSS breaks records drilling 4,964m in a single run
Using Pacesetter’s combined technology of XPACE EM MWD and our modified PowerDrive Orbit RSS, Canadian Natural Resources Limited drilled the longest 159mm RSS run, and their deepest Falher well in the Sundance field.
The 4,964m lateral was completed in a single run, drilling for 115.5 hours with an average ROP of 44.1m/hr. The record well was completed in just over 8 days from spud at 5,586m MD.
Congratulations to CNRL and the rig crews of Horizon 48 for this incredible accomplishment.
OPERATOR Canadian Natural Resources Limited
HOLE SIZE 159mm
TOTAL DEPTH 622m MD to 5,586m MD
- Only 2 BHAs to complete the well
- 4,964m drilled in a single run
- Average lateral ROP of 44.1m/hr
- RSS achieved 8/30 build rates
- Increased motor and bit life can be attributed to the RSS BHA’s straight profile
- XPACE EM MWD
- Pacesetter Orbit RSS
- Baker D405S Bit
Download this Performance Highlight