Record Montney Well for CNRL
Fastest of 4 Montney wells in the Valhalla field drilled in less than 8 days
Canadian Natural Resources Limited drilled their fastest Montney well in the Valhalla field by utilizing Pacesetter’s Redline Pulse MWD along with our High Speed and Performance motor.
The single run 2,971m lateral was drilled at an average ROP of 63.6m/hr, completing the well at 5,696m MD.
Congratulations to CNRL and the rig crews of Ensign T044 for this impressive achievement.
OPERATOR Canadian Natural Resources Limited
HOLE SIZE 311mm / 171mm / 159mm
TOTAL DEPTH 5,696m MD
- 2,971m drilled in a single run
- Average ROP of 63.6m/hr
- 30deg of flat turn in the lateral
- Only 5% slide required after the turn
- Redline Pulse MWD
- Primary Directional Sensor, Continuous Inc and Azimuthal readings, and Secondary Survey with Continuous Inc readings
- High Speed and Performance Motor
Download this Performance Highlight